Mionix Castor – Powerful Gaming Mouse Ever
The idea behind the Castor mouse is, simply, to offer a premium gaming mouse that is compatible with three different grip types. These include a palm grip, fingertip grip and claw grip. The Swedish peripheral manufacturer Mionix announced a new mouse called the Castor.
This construction is designed to ensure not only a solid chassis, but also offers heaps of grip with a comfortable soft-touch design. At the palm area of the mouse is a Mionix logo, which along with the scroll wheel can be lit in 16.8 million colors. Button-wise, there isn’t anything special going on here. The mouse has six buttons: left, right, middle-mouse, forward, backward, and a DPI switcher.
Aboard the mouse is also 128 Kb of memory, which you can use to store macros. The body of the Castor is forged from plastic and is covered in four layers of rubber coating.
Mionix also included a lift off distance calibration feature, which you can use to analyze the surface you are using the mouse on to find the lowest possible lift off distance. The mouse also polls at up to 1000 Hz, so it should be as responsive as the best gaming mice out there. A PMW-3310 sensor handles the tracking, which is capable of up to 10,000 DPI without acceleration, and can track accurately at up to 215 inches per second.
Key specialties of Mionix Castor following:
- Five fingers, one home: Right-hand ergonomics with ring- and pinky-finger groove to comfortably place all five fingers on the mouse.
- Maximum grip: 4 layers of rubber coating and the optimized textured side rubbers ensure maximum grip and soft touch feel.
- Lightning fast processor: The 32bit ARM Processor running at 32Mhz is the powerful engine to power it all and ensure trouble free and quick setting changes in-game.
- 128kb built-in memory: Bring your settings and recorded macros with you stored into up to different 5 profiles.
- Zero- Acceleration Sensor with up to 10000DPI: 1:1 Tracking, no positive or negative hardware acceleration.
- In-game 3 step DPI adjustment: Set 3 DPI values and switch easily between them in-game.
The CASTOR is expected to be available worldwide in September 2015.